Sunday, November 23, 2008

Three Months Old

Jude had his three-month birthday yesterday. Here's a photo of him from last night:

From November 2008

Jude weighs about 13.5 pounds, up about 5 pounds from his birth weight. He's holding his head up really well and sitting up when supported. In the photo above, he's sitting in the "Nursing Chair" in our front room. He spends a lot of time in that chair but mostly he's lying on his side chowing down. Jude is still eating about 6-8 times a day (usually seven times), but we've managed to reduce each feeding to about 20 minutes. Sometimes he's even finished in 15 minutes. It's a big improvement from 40 minutes per feeding, 8 or 9 times a day!

Jude is also a really good sleeper most of the time. We put him down (in his own room, now) between 9:30 and 10pm. He usually sleeps until about 4am, wakes to eat, then goes right back down until ~8am. He has some "bad" nights now and then, but mostly when we mess with his schedule and try to get him to sleep either too late or with not enough feedings in the evenings.

We've managed to stop supplementing with formula as of about two weeks ago. I've been taking some medication to help increase my milk supply, and it seems to be working well. There was some concern that I would have an oversupply while on this medication, but that does not seem to be an issue! I returned to work this past Friday, and managed to pump enough to feed the boy while I'm away, which was one of my main concerns with returning to work. I'm feeling better about the whole feeding situation now. I only wish I had started taking this medication sooner - it could have saved a lot of anxiety and stress on my part.

On to month four!

1 comment:

PaulaMPeterson said...

Linden and EBen.
Loved the new info on Jude. He certainly is growing and you all seem to be enjoying the process.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and hopefully we will connect again in December.
Love, Paula and John