Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Morning, You Sure Look Fine


It's monday morning in our world, and things couldn't seem brighter.

Yesterday was Jude's 6 month birthday, and I marvel at how much he has changed our lives.

I am the stay at home dad, and Linden is back to work. I think we are both surprised how well we are suited to each role. Jude and I are busy. We have projects, and see friends, and now that we have discovered Book Babies at the library, there's no telling what's next!

Jude loves the social connection, the play time, and the scenery. I love the action! Every morning I wake up to Jude's cries, stumble into his room, and his huge smile hits me like a beam of sunshine. Jude is a happy boy. I wish I could take credit for that, but I feel like its just who he is. And I wouldn't change a thing.

We just completed a weeklong visit from Auntie Margaret and Oma from the East Coast. It was a crazy week! Some days of skiing, dinners with friends, and activities kept us busy and jumping! We had a great time and we love our family visits.

Now we are back to our regularly scheduled program, and I couldn't be happier. The challenge of the stay-at-home-dad is to balance yourself (sometimes precariously) in this non-traditional role. I have to feel good about this life, or my restlessness and my hypos will get the better of me. I have now been "home from work" for nearly 8 months. We're very lucky that Linden has a good job that allows us to raise our boy with one parent at home. I will never deny that. But more than luck, we chose this life. We saved for it, we planned for it, and now we are doing it. I admit I was a little worried that it wouldn't make me happy. But happiness is a hard horse to wrangle. In so many ways, I'm happier than I have ever been.

Happy Six Month Birthday, Jude! We re-enacted your birth in our living room yesterday, and you giggled and gurgled at all the best parts. We are so lucky to have you, my boy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jude!