Monday, May 18, 2009

Caring For Your Introvert

Jude had his nine-month appointment with Dr. Jack today. Here are his stats:
  • Weight: 21 pounds, 11 ounces (72nd percentile)
  • Height: 31 inches (99th percentile)
We also had to fill out a developmental quiz targeted at 10-month-old babies.  Jude was off the charts on gross motor skills, problem solving, and fine motor skills, but a little below average on communication skills (he is not saying any words or following simple commands yet).  We're supposed to reassess in five weeks when he is actually 10 months old to see if he has caught up.

Jude and his dad are about to leave on a multi-day road trip to Southeastern Oregon (I get to stay home and go to work).  I'm actually really looking forward to some time alone and some uninterrupted sleep.  I read an interesting article this week called "Caring For Your Introvert" which I felt really described me well.  Hopefully the boys will enjoy their travels, because E Ben is planning several more trips like this in the next few months.  I'll leave you with a cute photo from this afternoon.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LibraryHungry said...

I read that article a while ago. I really liked it, since my husband and my best friend are both introverts. I do find it kind of insulting to us extroverts--I DO understand the need for privacy, when it's expressed; I think extroverts can sometimes be more sensitive than introverts; etc. But since y'all are an oppressed minority, I let that slide, and I really liked the article.

And E Ben, I hail you as a fellow extroverted intro-spouse!

Linden said...

The parts of the article that I liked were the ones describing the way an introvert approaches the world, not the parts slamming extroverts. E Ben had the same reaction when he read it!