Monday, February 1, 2010

So, How's the Baby?

Wow, is it already February? It seems like just yesterday we broke out the pregnancy tests on a whim and discovered that we're having Baby #2. And despite our best intentions, this past weekend was the first profile shot we've taken since that fateful day in September... Below is a 27-week belly shot.


Everyone says that I look pretty small considering that the baby is coming in three short months. In fact, I've only gained seven pounds so far, which is quite a bit less than I had gained with Jude at 27 weeks. This is partly because I've been limiting my carbs and partly because I've been really sick for most of this pregnancy. Last week was the final blow (I hope!) with a nasty intestinal virus that knocked me out for two days and stripped four pounds from my already-sort-of-small belly.

But the baby is doing really well! She has a strong heartbeat, moves constantly (sometimes a little more than I'd like), and is growing right on track. My pregnancy symptoms have been almost non-existent so far, but I have noticed the third trimester heartburn kicking in over the last week or so. A yummy batch of olive-oil brownies over the weekend led to a sleepless night popping Tums and wishing for some sort of upright sleeping device.

I'll try to be a little more regular with the baby updates for the next three months. May 1 is going to be here before we know it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: