Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Definitely in "Dreary"

The three trimesters are known as "weary", "cheery", and "dreary" - and there's no question about which one I'm in now. In the past week or so I've really started to feel uncomfortably pregnant (for the first time this pregnancy). I'm tired, my back hurts, I'm having trouble sleeping, and I've started having a lot of contractions as well.

I saw my doctor yesterday, and she recommended that I drop down to about half time at work so that I can rest more and hopefully prevent a preterm labor situation. So, starting this week, I'm going to be working from home 2-3 days a week, and I'll start my maternity leave in early April instead of mid-April as we had been planning.

What I'm feeling now is actually very similar to what happened during my pregnancy with Jude. I remember being in Wallowa County over the July 4 weekend, having contractions every 7-8 minutes for hours at a time, and wondering if the baby was going to be born in Eastern Oregon. I cut back on my work hours soon after that, and stopped working entirely at four weeks before the due date, and Jude ended up being born on his due date (what a surprise!). Hopefully this baby will follow the same pattern! I'm thinking that this might just be what my body does in the third trimester, and as long as I don't overdo it the baby will probably not be premature. But I don't want to take any chances - so I will be resting as much as I can for the rest of this month!

No comments: