Friday, December 12, 2008

It Worked!

Following the advice of the book I'm reading, I put Jude to sleep at 7:30pm last night after he'd only been awake for two hours following his afternoon nap. He was acting tired and a little cranky, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. He went down pretty easily after I swaddled him tightly. About a half hour later, we heard him talking and singing on the monitor, but did not go to him. He was quiet again after a few minutes, and we didn't hear another peep until 4am! I got up and fed him, then put him back down. I was a little worried he wouldn't go back to sleep since he seemed wide awake at 4:30, but he managed to put himself back down after making some (non-crying) noises for a few minutes. He woke again at his usual morning wake-up time, happy and ready for the day! It was a good start, but we'll have to wait and see if this pattern continues. It would be great if it did!

E Ben took Jude to the Zoo yesterday to see Sam the baby elephant who was born the day after Jude.


Jude was looking pretty cute the other night on the couch.

No comments: