Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baby in the Belly

We've been playing "Baby in the Belly" lately around our house. Sometimes we ask Jude "Where's the baby?". He might point to my belly, or to his belly. Sometimes he just wants to stick his finger in my belly button. The other night we used the doll baby, sticking it into a pouch in my zip-up jacket. I don't think he really gets it, but he does love his baby doll...


So, in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, we are expecting Baby #2. Official due date is May 1, and so we have just completed the first trimester. People have been telling me that mothers always seem much more relaxed when pregnant with their not-first baby. I definitely feel relaxed about some things. I have a funny example. With Jude, we saved every fragment of paper, ultrasound picture, and piece of literature related to pregnancy. For this baby, I haven't even started a folder. We did get a photo from the first ultrasound (which I can't find), but I've had two more ultrasounds since then and completely forgot to ask for a printout. So, I basically have no physical evidence at all of this baby (other than my changes, which are not inconsiderable).

In general, this pregnancy has been easier (so far) than Jude's. I had morning sickness for a few weeks, but not the 20 weeks of sickness with Jude. I've also been really tired and spending a lot of time on the couch. See photo evidence below - luckily Jude is really into reading books these days. I don't remember being this tired last time, but then again I didn't have to spend my non-working time chasing around a toddler. I probably spent just as much time on the couch, but since I had nothing better to do nobody noticed. Pregnancy has been good for my book-reading count. Nine books in September, and ten in October! A new record. I'm taking a little break for the first few days of November.


I'd better save the rest of the details for a later post, since we need enough material for a post a day for the month of November. Luckily the pregnancy is no longer a secret, so I can write about what's really on my mind.

And for those of you trying to do the math, Jude and the new baby will be about 20 months apart if he/she goes full term. Jude's had a real good life so far. I hope he's enjoyed it. Once May hits, it'll never be the same.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cpao said...

awww, congratulations you guys! I absolutely love reading about what's going on in your lives, and your blog posts are always so entertaining and thoughful. Best of luck with this new pregnancy, Linden. Even your tone of voice in the writing sounds more tired than usual!

Shell said...

Congrats Cornett & Co! Yay for babies!