Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quick Update

I don't have any photos to share tonight, so words will have to suffice.

I saw my doctor last week, and the baby's heartbeat sounded strong at about 150 beats per minute. We scheduled our next ultrasound for December 3 and this is when we'll (hopefully) find out if we're having a boy or girl. I also got my H1N1 vaccine, and I was pretty happy about that until...

I got sick the next day, and I've been sick ever since. It started out as a slight cold, then I started having flu symptoms. The literature that I got with the vaccine said that minor flu symptoms were not uncommon in the day or two following the shot. Those did go away by late Sunday, but then my cough got a lot worse and I was having trouble breathing. I called my doctor on Monday and got an inhaler and some stronger cough medicine and thought I was getting better... And then last night I couldn't breathe again and I'm having a lot of sinus pain. One thing after another! I'm just hoping this goes away soon because I've now been sick for almost a week.

Jude and E Ben have been doing pretty well without me (and luckily they are not sick). Tonight they're in Eugene visiting a friend in the hospital and also Uncle Fred and Aunt Alison. We shall see what tomorrow brings...

I should also mention that I've been feeling the baby move for a couple of weeks now. Not every day, but most days, and the movements are getting stronger. Yesterday I felt a big pushing kick up into my ribs. Must have been a big stretch for the little one!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay to hear that the baby is moving! Hope YOU feel better soon, Linden.